According to Turkish media, Galatasaray vice president Erden Timur traveled to London last month to negotiate a contract for Victor Nelsson with Tottenham Hotspur.
The defender has been extensively connected with the north London club, who are also interested in his clubmate, Nicol Zaniolo.
Timur, according to Milliyet, has returned to London to undertake new negotiations with Tottenham over Nelsson and Zaniolo.
Timur is said to have’sat it the table’ with Spurs for both the 24-year-old centre-back and the Italy international, asking €60 million for the pair.
According to Milliyet, Ange Postecoglou‘s side made a ‘crazy offer’ that included two to three of their own players as well as €30-35 million in
cash in return for the Dane and the 23-year-old striker. It is unclear who players Spurs offered to Galatasaray.
Timur was dissatisfied with Tottenham‘s offer, but the source adds that discussions for Nelsson and Zaniolo are still underway.
It’s also been reported that the Galatasaray vice-president ‘wants to take real moves’ to sell some of his team’s players during his recent trip to England.
Meanwhile, the former AS Roma player told the Italian press on Wednesday that joining Juventus is his ambition.
Tottenham Hotspur are still interested in signing Brentford goalkeeper David Raya, but a fresh possibility has surfaced, according to sources.
Tottenham Hotspur are still interested in bringing David Raya to the club.
Last season, the Spanish goalkeeper made 38 appearances for Brentford, keeping a clean sheet in 32% of those games.
His ability to play out from the back and block shots make him an appealing choice for elite clubs.
The club and the player have already agreed on personal terms, but the Bees are wanting up to £40 million for the stopper.
Valencia goalkeeper Giorgi Mamardashvili is an option, according to Fabrizio Romano.
In 38 appearances this season, he only kept seven clean sheets as Valencia narrowly averted relegation from La Liga.
After joining Spurs from Celtic earlier this summer, the Greek-born Australian officially starts his new role as manager today. But the 57-year-old is already in charge, having a voice in the club’s early summer transfer negotiations.
Spurs, on the other hand, are far from done this summer and want to pursue Wolfsburg defender Micky van de Ven next. To that goal, chairman Daniel Levy has initiated ‘direct conversations’ with Fabrizio Romano, who claims he is “keen” on the transfer.
Tottenham is also aiming to strengthen their center midfield. Postecoglou is also pressing Levy to approach Fulham for Palhinha, according to The Sun (July 1, page 67).
His tigerish antics in the engine room, though, drew the most attention. With 147 tackles, he was the division’s leading tackler. Moises Caicedo came in second with 100 points, demonstrating how the Portuguese was definitely in a league of his own.
This form has prompted to speculation that West Ham are interested in luring Palhinha across London to replace Declan Rice.
The Cottagers, understandably, are not eager to let Palhinha depart without a fight. Despite spending only £20 million for him a year ago, they are now said to be worth roughly £90 million.
Nonetheless, West Ham are apparently drafting a bid in the hope that a sizable offer will persuade Fulham to sell.
To that purpose, they are apparently considering a transaction much above their existing club record of £60 million paid to Everton for Richarlison.
If they are to sign, Postecoglou will need to persuade Levy to swallow some of his pride. This is due to the fact that the Portuguese star was on Tottenham‘s radar last summer. But, after passed up the chance to recruit him for £20 million, Levy will be disappointed to have to pay a far higher amount again.
Furthermore, with Palhinha turning 28 next week, Levy may well wonder how many years he has left at the top.
Spurs may fund the transaction by selling three players.
Postecoglou, on the other hand, appears to be unfazed and apparently intends to persuade Levy to launch a bid.
Furthermore, rumours say that the club is eager to sell Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, who is becoming a target for Atletico Madrid.
Some may be surprised by the trade, but there are concerns about whether the Dane is mobile enough to play Postecoglou‘s style.
Destiny Udogie joined Tottenham from Udinese last summer, and the Italian full-back is likely to return, however his future is questionable owing to a system change.
Spurs signed the Italian last summer on a long-term contract as a full-back potential, with compatriot Antonio Conte reportedly considering him as perfect in a 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 formation. He spent last season on loan with his previous club Udinese in Serie A, when Conte was fired.
He has been replaced by Ange Postecoglou, with the arrival of the Australian expected to inspire a tactical shift – the former Celtic manager is reported to be contemplating a more offensive 4-3-3 style. This has been identified as a possible issue for Udogie, which might result in a return to Serie A.
“Udogie‘s narrative is straightforward. He’s from Tottenham, and we’ve had touch in the previous few days since they’ve changed management, coach, and will now play 4-3-3 rather than 3-5-2,” he explained.
Although the advice from national team personnel suggests high expectations for the young full-back, Antonelli went on to describe the Spurs’ desire to incorporate the player in their pre-season plans. He went on to say that the Spurs intend to bring him along on their forthcoming pre-season tour of Asia and the Pacific.